Summer 2020 Executive Intern–L.A. Office
PEN America seeks a diligent, detail-oriented, and highly energetic intern to support the administration work of the Los Angeles office. Working closely with the Los Angeles staff, the executive intern will gain exposure to nonprofit governance and programming, as well as an overview of PEN America’s work. The intern will receive hands-on experience in planning staff meetings, conducting research, drafting correspondence, and general administration. Additionally, interns are invited to attend and assist at many PEN America events.
- Provide administrative support to the Los Angeles staff
- Draft and proofread correspondence and other written material
- Ensure a well-functioning office environment including: updating databases and contact lists, printing, scanning, and mailing
- Strong work ethic
- Exemplary attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Professionalism, excellent interpersonal skills, and discretion
- Demonstrated capability to work independently and efficiently, to prioritize and simultaneously handle multiple tasks, and to adhere to deadlines
- Strong research, writing, and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and the Mac operating system preferred; fluency in Google Drive document management and suite of applications
- Interest in literature, human rights, nonprofit sector, and/or advocacy
PEN America internships are for college credit. In your cover letter, please note the institution where you’re currently enrolled.
To apply: Please email a cover letter (one page maximum) and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “PEN America Executive Internship—Los Angeles.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.