Summer 2020 Communications Internship, Artists at Risk Connection (ARC)
The Artists at Risk Connection (ARC) is seeking a communications intern who is passionate about human rights, artistic expression, and serving artists at risk and the organizations that support them. The intern’s responsibilities will include social media, website development, program external communications, and brand building. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Drafting and/or editing press releases, social media, and web content, and drafting quarterly newsletter
- Drafting social media text and graphics for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Compiling social media and web analytics reports
- Assisting with research and outreach to identify and expand the network of organizations assisting artists at risk
- Supporting work to identify sources of assistance for artists, and development and maintenance of a database inventory of these resources
- Researching and monitoring issues and cases concerning the repression of artistic expression worldwide
- Other tasks as necessary
- Knowledge of and interest in global free expression and artistic freedom issues
- Professional demeanor and the ability to work independently
- Strong research, writing, organizational, and administrative skills
- Ability to work quickly, stay highly organized, and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in internet and social media technology and platforms
- Interest in learning new skills and the flexibility to pitch in when needed
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese, or other languages a big plus
A commitment of four to five days per week (within normal business hours) is required. Internships last for three months, with opportunities for longer engagements for interested candidates. This is an unpaid position, though interns who work at least 15 hours a week are eligible for a local travel stipend. PEN America internships are also eligible for college credit.
How to apply:
Please email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (both one-page maximum) to [email protected] (subject line: ARC Communications Internship — Summer 2020).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.